What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our newsletter
- your email address and any additional data provided when you enter our competitions
- your email address and any data provided when you contact us by email, via our website or through our social media channels
- your email address and any data provided when you make a submission through our editorial submissions portal
The legal basis for processing this data is to perform a task in the public interest that is set out in law and is statute based.
Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use HeadofZeus.com. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on HeadofZeus.com
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- respond to your queries to the best of our abilities
- send monthly newsletters to users who request them
- contact winners of competitions
- contact those who have made submissions through our editorial portal
- send press releases and event information to bloggers and journalists who have signed up to our mailing lists
What we do with your data
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data until winners of competitions and successful submissions have been contacted or until you unsubscribe in the case of a subscription to our newsletter or mailing lists.
Children’s privacy protection
We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of their parent or guardian.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org